Confidential Reporting

If you are the victim of a crime and do not want to pursue action through Rutgers University–Camden's Student Policy Prohibiting Sexual Harassment, Sexual Violence, Relationship Violence, Stalking, and Related Misconduct or the criminal justice system, you may still want to consider making a confidential report.
Rutgers University–Camden Police can file a report on the details of the incident without revealing your identity. The purpose of a confidential report is to comply with your wish to keep the matter confidential while taking steps to ensure the future safety of yourself and others. This allows the university to keep an accurate record of the number of incidents involving students, determine crime patterns in a particular area, and alert the campus community to potential danger. The university will not tolerate retaliation against students and employees who make good faith reports of crime.
Confidential reports of crime may be made by calling 856-225-6111 (available 24 hours), or by emailing
Victims of sexual assault also can report under the strictest of confidences to:
The Office for Violence Prevention and Victim Assistance - VPVA
(856) 225-2326
326 Penn Street Campus Center – 3rd floor
If you have been the victim of sexual violence, remember that it is NOT YOUR FAULT. You deserve treatment to address the victimization and the after effects that you may be experiencing. There is no one or “correct” way to respond to victimization.  Although there are some commonalities, each victim/survivor will respond differently to the assault.
We offer individual counseling to victim/survivors of sexual violence that is free and confidential.  Our counseling services seek to provide you with the opportunity to talk about your feelings, fears, questions, and options moving forward. Our goal is to provide you the opportunity to explore all of your options and help you make informed decisions.  It is up to you.  We wish to support you while you make these difficult choices.  If you are interested in counseling, please call our office to make an appointment.